The Silver Suitcase Airstream

The Silver Suitcase Airstream

Friday, May 24, 2013

Airstream Renovation: What the Hell Have You Been Doing All This Time?




So here's what I am up against.  The 1980's versus my current taste.

I decided that I am going to paint the whole interior.  Curt, my painter from Las Palmas Painting is getting a guy in late next week to spend the day painting the interior walls white, as well as all the cabinet bases.

The cabinet doors will all come off.  They are getting white MDF doors that will cover most of the cabinet base surface.  I am using dead stock hardware from Modern Homes- some cool chrome pulls.

The flooring is from Flooring Innovations in Cathedral City- it's a woven surface- like Chilewich- but this is a metallic silvery-grey that will pull in the exterior flash inside- this product is called Plynyl.

The counters still need to be priced out, but I picked an Italian formica/laminate that picks up the green in the Marimekko print that you see above the couch, which will be all the window coverings- I LOVE this kooky floral- reminds me of Trina Turk's print from 10 years ago or so called Crazy Botanical.  If Trina had sold that through Schumacher, I would have been ordering that!

The sofa is going to come out and be recovered in a green Sunbrella fabric that matches the Marimekko green.

The two dainty twin beds in the back bedroom are coming out and will be replaced with a queen sleeper- so the nightstand between the two beds have to go, too!

Will keep you updated as the work starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment