The Silver Suitcase Airstream

The Silver Suitcase Airstream

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My Life in a Can: I Bought an Airstream


Well, I bit the bullet and bought an Airstream.  A whole lot of Airstream.  32' feet of it.  I am going to try to blog about it daily, starting with the whole renovation of the interior.  I found this one on ebay in Montana- the seller described it very well, answered all my questions and was willing to deliver the trailer to The Happy Traveler RV park in tony South Palm Springs.  Today, I am meeting a drapery person, a flooring guy, the upholsterer, and a cabinet guy to get the ball rolling.  I am very excited, and terribly nervous about the whole transition to living in a can.  A big silver suitcase, as my cousin calls it.  Did I mention that I am going to live in it for 12 (yes, twelve) months and write about the experience- the trailer park, being in a tiny space, blah, blah, blah.  Tune in for more information later!

1 comment: