The Silver Suitcase Airstream

The Silver Suitcase Airstream

Friday, September 6, 2013

Little Things Mean a Lot

Needlepoint Pillow from Trina Turk

Vintage Midcentury Bulova Clock Radio from Penticton Flea Market

Chrome Beach Cruiser Bikes from Wil Stiles in Palm Springs

Relief Plaque from Estate Sale

Vintage TWA First Aid Kit cum Beverage Center

Trina Turk Residential Needlepoint Owl Pillow

I'm starting to fill in all the blanks now- here and there little things are getting unpacked.  I bought two beach cruiser bikes (in chrome, thank you) from Wil Stiles in Palm Springs.  They also have great clothes, but that's for another time.  Another stop at Trina Turk's Albert Frey-designed boutique next door to get two needlepoint pillows for the lounge area.  The owl will live in the tulip chair, and the Palm Springs pillow is going to reside across from the owl on the sofa/gaucho in the Airstream.

I bought the vintage TWA airliner first aid kit on ebay.  I'd wanted to do kind of a bar somehow, but filling this first aid kit with tiny airline-size liquor bottles seemed like a humorous solution.

The "relief" plaque came from an estate sale- I wonder what it was for originally?  It's going up in the Airstream's bathroom.  I considered putting it on the door, but it's inside near the tiny basin.

The Bulova clock radio had to come live with me.  I was in Penticton, British Columbia this summer at my friends Liz and Frank's place and Liz and I went to the flea market.  Picked this little WORKING radio up for $20 Canadian!  Unfortunately, both knobs broke in my carry on on the way home- someone had glued them on previously, so need to patch those up.

No comments:

Post a Comment