The Silver Suitcase Airstream

The Silver Suitcase Airstream

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Silver Suitcase® #4 Design Update: The 1955 Roadcraft Formerly Known As 1960 Park Model

Things are coming along nicely on the Country Cottage in Joshua Tree:

Remember the kitchen? 
Pretty Dreary - almost Breaking Bad-ish.
I put in some counter tops, a stove/oven, replaced some drawers, painted the wall a warm golden yellow, and switched out the sink fixtures. 
I kept the cabinets as I wanted that rustic not too done feel. 
I wanted to retain some of the "historical" design of the trailer. 
My goal with this trailer was to give it a more woodsy cabin feel.

I do love the softer light here.
Bathroom Vanity Area

Looking at the Living Room + Bedroom Area from the Kitchen: 

Guest Bedroom:
I'd be a happy guest, wouldn't you?

At times it was tricky to keep the colors on the warmer side, but I had to keep with the warm country cottage via vintage trailer via Joshua Tree theme in mind at all times.

Don't forget this trailer will serve as a dual purpose: One as a getaway, and it will also be used as The Paul Kaplan Group Joshua Tree Outpost office. 

There's still some tinkering to be done here and there, but most of the 1955 Roadcraft Country Cottage is pretty much done!

No comments:

Post a Comment