The Silver Suitcase Airstream

The Silver Suitcase Airstream

Friday, August 9, 2013

Cabinet Hardware Is Not the Most Interesting Topic

I knew that I wanted some different hardware from what I've been seeing.  I found these at Modern Home in Palm Springs.  The pull is a reproduction of a fairly common pull found in the late 1950's and 60's and comes in gold or a nickel finish.  I came very close to going with the Midas Touch, but went for the Nickel.  The backplates are what separates these from being just ho-hum cool.  These are about 3-4" across and really give the cabinets some flair- and now feel very nautical/aeronautical.

The fabric, you'll notice in the close up, is a Marimekko pattern that I found originally for a sportcoat, but then decided to use it as drapery fabric.  Urban Burp has been a great resource, working with my drapery workroom.  Electra (at Urban Burp) is always at the Modernism Show in Palm Springs during Modernism Week-

No comments:

Post a Comment