The Silver Suitcase Airstream

The Silver Suitcase Airstream

Friday, August 9, 2013

Where Are You Going To Put All Your Stuff?

Well, for starters, have you ever looked at closet space in a Palm Springs midcentury home?  I have a massive wardrobe, and the closets here were designed for a few weeks' use, not a lifetime.  I've been in the desert clotheshorsing around for about ten years, so I've always had an air-conditioned storage unit for my clothing, but had to upgrade to a 10' x 10' unit.  I sold off the furniture that I thought was replaceable, and have almost filled it up.  There's still room for a few more trips to The Rose Bowl Flea Market. 

My 1962 Olds Ninety Eight (it's the champagne gold one in the back RT corner has moved to an air-conditioned facility with some very fancy Italian machinery (and a couple of vintage American cars.  It's only about a ten-minute drive to pick the car up if I want to drive something older than my 1988 Olds Custom Cruiser Wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment